Monday, July 22, 2013

Inspiration Monday: Olivia Palermo

Today, I’m joining up with Two Birds and countless others for Inspiration Monday.  Our inspiration today is Olivia Palermo:

 
 
I have to admit that I don’t really understand who she is or why she’s famous.  Is she famous?  I don’t think she has a sex tape, so probably not.  Anyway, what I do know about her is that she can definitely dress.  She always looks on trend without looking like she’s a slave to trends.  Take the above outfit as an example; she’s doing the “global chic” thing, but she’s doing it her way.
 
And here I am, doing it my way:
 

 
 I almost didn’t participate today because I don’t have a white dress (not for lack of trying though; I just canNOT find one I like).  And then I remembered that I have a white skirt (Ann Taylor) and a white shirt (Gap) so I wore those in lieu of a dress. 
 
I finished the look with some layered necklaces and some self-tasseled sandals (Jeffrey Campbell via Nordstrom):
 
 
 
I STILL want a white dress, dammit, but I think this’ll do in a pinch.
 
Happy Monday, All!
 
Gracey