Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just Because I’m a Blogger


Going through my closet I realized that there are a few items that I’ve purchased just because I’m a blogger.  Like these loafers:



Last year, loafers were one of the trends that seemed to be catching fire throughout the blog-o-sphere.  As a blogger I felt compelled to try them because I thought that surely My Adoring Public (that’s you) would want to see all the latest trends on Their Favorite Blogger (um, that’s me).  And, while that may be, I think we may all have to come to terms with the fact that I’m not very trendy.  But... I am tall and sarcastic, so that’s something, right?  Right.

Today I paired that height and sarcasm with the aforementioned loafers (thrifted), gray shorts (New York & Co via Ross) and a sherbet-hued cotton sweater (thrifted).  I also added a watch, a couple of bracelets and some cameo earrings.  I find it an amusingly preppy look which is different for me but still kind of fun.

That being said, I don’t think that I’m going to keep the loafers.  I don’t ever wear them and I already have oxford flats that fill the “menswear-inspired-shoes-that-I-never-wear” gap in my closet.  I do want to keep a pair of androgynous shoes, in case I have a Victor/Victoria moment, but I think I’ll keep my oxfords instead of these.

The sweater and shorts are keepers for sure though.

Happy Wednesday, All!

Gracey