Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pinspiration: Stripes and Tropical Florals


One of the trends I loved most this summer was bold, tropical prints.  That love led me to Pin this picture:

Image via stylecaster.com

Pattern mixing with a tropical floral?  Yes, please!

When I first Pinned this look, I didn’t have the pieces to recreate it.  But then, during my Nosh Opping Expedition, I saw the perfect jacket (with a matching skirt) at a local Goodwill.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t buy it, what with the shopping ban and all, but my friend Alex, being the best friend ever, later went back and bought it for me! 

And so, it is the result of my friend’s generosity that present to you my version of the above Pinspired look:




My jacket is vintage, thrifted and gifted (thanks, Alex!!) and my striped tee is Old Navy.  Cocoa-colored short shorts don’t exist in my wardrobe so I wore rolled jeans (Gap Always Skinny, sized up) instead.  And I added a patent belt (Nine West), pointy-toe pumps (thrifted), a turquoise bracelet (gifted) and coral earrings (Crafty Wonderland).

Here is a close-up on the print on my jacket:

 
Now if I can just find a way to wear the matching skirt…

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey